Tuesday 26 February 2013

Our beautiful skin and bodies

As most of you probably know, our skin is the largest organ in the body.  I have had to do a lot of work in Anatomy and Physiology in my work on the skin, as virtually all of my treatments are to do with the skin. 

Over the past few days I have come across some really lovely pictures and sayings about skin and thought I might share some of them here, along with some of my views.  They may also be splashed over my Facebook page :-)

Skin is a Mirror of your Habits

Oh how very true!  So many things can damage our skin, cigarettes (wrinkles around the mouth and eyes, dry and coarse skin), sunbathing (dry skin, wrinkles, cancer), excessive caffeine, stress, poor cleansing, poor diet or too much dieting, too much salt, the list is endless!!

So we should all (myself included) drink lots of water to rehydrate our skin from the inside, eat plenty of fruit and vegetables, have a good skin care regime, get plenty of sleep (I wish! I hear you all cry!) and do our best to minimise the bad habits that can prematurely age us. 

I have loads more information on this, but don't want to weigh my blog down and bore you all. But any questions, just let me know  xxx

We've earned our tiger stripes -  YAY!

As a Mum we should be proud of our bodies, whatever shape or size.  They have done an amazing job of bringing our babies to life, nurturing them and caring for them.  If the magazines have a problem with real women and their bodies and have to airbrush then that is THEIR problem and NOT OURS.  So there :-p

Which brings me nicely on to my last picture for today


We are all beautiful in our own way and we should remember that.

So hope you enjoy my little ramble for today.

Be gorgeous and happy.

Anna xx



 

No comments:

Post a Comment