Tuesday 13 January 2015

Lash Extensions - the good, the bad and the dangerous!


So lash extensions - love them or hate them there are a lot of beauty therapists out there doing lash extensions and they are becoming extremely popular. 

The Good
They are fantastic for those people that love the glamorous look of long, full lashes without the hassle of mascara that runs down your face.  For those ladies with hardly any lashes they really feel like a god send as they feel almost made up as soon as they get out of bed.


The lashes open up your eyes and open the window to your soul!  
I always use lovely gel pads that are gentle around the eyes, a high quality, fast drying glue to avoid lashes clumping together, and always ensure that the lashes are NOT too heavy or long for the client's natural lashes.  I like to use 0.15, 0.10 and 0.05 lashes to give a more natural look that is also better for the lashes.
Having the lashes applied means that you have to lie down for up to 2 hours and RELAX!  When the client opens their eyes and smile with delight - I am a very happy Lasher.

The Bad
Sometimes, sadly people can become allergic to be allergic to the glue that is used.  This  is why I always insist on a patch test at least 48 hours prior to the first set of extensions.  
Occasionally, I have come across lashes that are meant for temporary party lashes (cluster lashes) glued on with lash extension glue.  This worries me.  This will put too much stress on your natural lash with a possibility of them being pulled out - most definitely NOT what any of us want to see.


Cluster lashes with so much glue on the lashes it doesn't allow them to be cleaned or shed properly. 

The Dangerous
Poorly applied lashes can damage your own natural lashes, this may also cause other problems such as styes.
Application without a patch test is a NO NO!  An allergic reaction is not pretty and may be permanently damaging.

I have worked hard to ensure that whenever I do a set of lashes, there is correct lash isolation, the extensions is not too heavy or long, and that my equipment is sterilised after every client (no cross contamination on my lash table!).

I also LISTEN to what my clients want.  If they want a more natural set, then that is what I do for them. If they want fluffier lashes I use the very fine lashes (then I can put 2/3 on).

The best part of my Lash business - my lovely regular clients that come back after 2-3 weeks for their infills telling me that they can't live without their lashes!

I'll post more pictures up on my Facebook page as I start to take more photos.  


Take care all and hope to see you soon

Anna xx


No comments:

Post a Comment